Inside the Youper app:
- Check if Youper daily reminders are enabled (Me > Settings Icon > Daily Reminders)
- If enabled, try to disable, save, and enable again setting up 3 minutes after your current time.
- Close the app and wait the time setup.
- If you didn’t receive the message, follow the next steps.
Some Android devices have a setting that prevents many apps from triggering notifications when the app is not active. This function needs to be turned on so we can send you push notifications. A simple solution is to check your phone and see if this functionality is enabled.
- Devices with Marshmallow OS or above (Android 6.0+): Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization. Make sure Youper is on the list of apps excluded from optimization.
Samsung (Android 6 and Smart Manager), do the following: Go to your Smart Manager app and tap on ‘Battery’. Under ‘App Power Saving’, tap ‘Details’. Tap on ‘Youper’ and tap ‘Disable’.
Samsung (Android 7), do the following: Go to your device settings and tap ‘Device Maintenance’, then tap on ‘Battery’. Scroll down and tap ‘Unmonitored apps’, then add Youper to this list. Go to your phone’s Settings, tap “Applications”, tap “Application Manager”, then tap “Youper”. Tap “Notifications”, enable “Allow Notifications”, then disable “Hide on lock screen”.
Samsung (Android 8.0), do the following: Open your phone’s Settings app, tap “Apps”. Tap the three-dot icon in the top right corner, then tap “Special access”. Tap “Optimize battery usage”, then tap “Apps not optimized”. Select “All apps”, find Youper and disable it here. Go to your device settings and tap ‘Device Maintenance’, then tap on ‘Battery’. Scroll down and tap ‘Unmonitored apps’, then add Youper to this list. Tap ‘Always Sleeping apps’ and make sure Youper is not listed there.
- Samsung (Other): Several Samsung smartphones have issues with Notification Settings, here are some articles to help you:
- Zenfone: Go to your ‘Asus Mobile Manager’. Turn on ‘Allow’ for Youper. Go to your app launch manager and allow Youper. Go to battery saving settings and exclude Youper. Allow Youper to autostart in your device’s Autostart Manager.
- Huawei: Go to ‘Privacy and Security’ in your device settings. Add Youper to your ‘Protected Apps’. Add Youper in your Startup apps. Go to screen energy saver settings and allow Youper to interrupt the screen energy saver. Go to battery settings, tap ‘Lock screen cleanup’ and exclude Youper. Go to your ‘Settings’, tap ‘Apps’, then ‘Advanced’. Tap ‘Ignore Battery Optimizations’, find Youper and ignore it (not “Allow”).
- Huawei (Android 8): Go to your phone Settings and tap ‘Apps & Notifications’, ‘Apps’, ‘Youper’, ‘Battery’. Turn off ‘power intensive prompt’, then select ‘Launch’, turn off ‘Manage automatically’ and change it to ‘manually’.Then turn on ‘Auto-launch’, ‘Secondary launch’ and ‘Run in the background’. Go back to ‘Apps’, then tap the ‘Settings’ option at the bottom of the app list. Tap ‘Special access’, then ‘Ignore battery optimization’. Tap the arrow on the top right and choose ‘All apps’. Find Youper in the list of apps and choose ‘Allow’. Go back to ‘Apps’, tap ‘Youper’, then tap ‘Notifications’. Turn on ‘Allow notifications’, ‘Display in status bar’, ‘Banners’, ‘Lock screen notifications’ and ‘Priority display’.
- Lenovo: Settings > Power Manager > Background app management > flip Allow auto-start for Youper.
- OnePlus: Settings> Apps > gear icon > Apps Auto-launch > enable Youper.
- Oppo: Security Center > Privacy Permissions > Startup Manager > allowYouper.
- Samsung: Settings > Security > Auto-start Management > Set Youper to “Allowed”. Also, you will need to exclude Youper from any of the battery optimization features on your device. For that go to Settings > Battery > disable battery optimization for Youper as well as checking to make sure the Restrict background data setting is disabled.
- Vivo: Set Youper in the white list for speedup. Go to “Settings”, “Status bar and notification”, find “Youper”, turn on the “Allow notification”, “Show on lock screen”, “Badge desktop app icon” and the “Top preview” switches. Please go to “Imanager”, “Power manager”, “Excessive background battery usage” and allow Youper to continue running when the background power consumption is high. Please go to Settings, tap “More settings”, tap “Applications”, tap “Autostart”, then turn on the switch for “Youper”.
- Xiaomi: Go to your device settings and tap ‘Additional Settings’. Tap ‘Battery & Performance’, ‘Manage Apps Battery Usage’, ‘Choose Apps’. Tap on ‘Youper’ and choose ‘No Restrictions’. Go to Settings, Permissions, Autostart (tap here). Turn on Autostart for Youper. Go to your Power settings policy and allow Youper to wake up your device. Open the apps, then press the “Recent Apps”/”App Overview” button (the square button or the button with three horizontal lines). In “Recent Apps”/”App Overview”, find Youper, and pull down on it to “lock it”, so it never gets cleared
If none of this helps, go to Settings > Apps > Select Youper > Battery > then choose optimization and disable battery optimization.
If your device is not on the list try to search for “push notifications not working” + add your phone brand or operating system name.